If you’re traveling to Austin for a class or coaching, here’s some helpful information about getting here, where to stay, getting around, and more.
Austin has one airport located in far southeast Austin, Austin Bergstrom International, airport code AUS.
Other airports in the extended Central Texas region:
- San Antonio International (SAT): 75 miles
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH): 175 miles
- Houston Hobby International (HOU): 175 miles
- Dallas/ Fort Worth International (DFW): 210 miles
There are many hotels and rentals on sites such as Airbnb.com and Homeaway.com. Search for lodging near zip code 78737, specifically in the vicinity of the classroom location at 4 Sage Court, Austin, Texas 78737. There are several private short term rentals within walking distance, and and many in the near vicinity.
Here are a few hotels and areas to check in the vicinity.:
- Oak Hill/ Sunset Valley/ Southwest Austin is 15-20 miles away. Hotels are plentiful and there’s easy access to restaurants and attractions in South Austin. Hotels include Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, Extended Stay, La Quinta, Holiday Inn, and more.
- The closest hotel is 10 miles away on the outskirts of Dripping Springs: Sleep Inn & Suites
- If you wish to be closer to San Marcos, San Antonio, or Interstate 35, you can also search for hotels in Kyle and Buda, 20-30 miles away.
The US Dollar is the currency. Money can only be exchanged at certain branches of certain banks. Research before coming! Usually, Euros and GBP are easy to exchange, although exchange rates vary widely. Other currencies may requires a special order or waiting time to exchange cash.
Most credit cards from South America and western Europe are accepted here – make sure to check with your bank before coming and bring several choices.
SPECIAL EVENTS THAT AFFECT TRAVEL
Austin is home to three major events that change airport, traffic, and lodging patterns greatly. If you are booking traveling near any of these events, you must book early. Sometimes, lodging and rental cars fill up during these times.
- March: SXSW music, film, education, and interactive festival, all over Austin, most of the month of March
- October: Austin City Limits Festival in Zilker Park, 2 consecutive weekends
- October/ November: Formula 1 Grand Prix, 1 weekend
Transportation from Austin Bergstrom International Airport to most greater Austin locations can be arranged with Super Shuttle (best value for travel from the airport to the vicinity of the classroom), rideshare services like RideFare and Fasten, taxi, and Capital Metro city buses (note that there is *not* bus service all the way out to the training location on Sage Court).
Most visitors who travel to and stay near the training vicinity need access to a car.
MORE QUESTIONS -OR- WANT TO SHARE A RENT CAR OR LODGING WITH ANOTHER PARTICIPANT?
Have more questions? Contact Katie Raver at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 699.7322 (text preferred).